Monday, December 3, 2012

Kanin Club, Affordable Food Destination in the Metro!



Okay. Since I dedicated this month as a “Catch-up Month”, I’ll be writing as frequently my real world job permits. I’ve got loads of stuff to share, from food, destination, events, and food again (sorry, food is where I am best at. Hehehe…)

Recently, I was asked by my college friends to eat somewhere in Makati. They suggested Kanin Club. At first I was skeptical. Kanin Club? Will they serve unli rice or meals with lots of rice? But we still ate there.

While looking at their menu, I realized that it was called Kanin Club since they serve several types of rice; they have the regular white rice, brown rice, and many more rice which I can no longer remember. We ordered Crispy Dinuguan and Seafood Kare-kare.


Crispy dinugaan is a regular dinugaan with a difference on the way they cooked the pork. It’s CRISPY!

Seafood Kare-kare is cooked like your most loved kare-kare. The only difference is that, it is filled with muscles, crabs, shrimp, and I don’t know what else are there. But it’s good. I was just overwhelmed with the Crispy Dinugaan and forgot that we still have another dish to finish.

Sorry I wasn’t able to take a picture for Seafood Kare-kare. Anyway, with regards to Crispy Dinuguan, it’s a thumbs up. You could raise all your thumbs if you have more than two for this food.

After my heavenly experience with Kanin Club, I keep on pestering my officemates to eat with me at Kanin Club since it is just across our office. And of course, I won.

This time we ordered 3 set of dishes, my favorite Crispy Dinuguan, Itsi-bitsy, and Kare-kare.

 
Itsi-bitsy is a dish with sigarilyas, string beans, pork, and sesame seeds, I’m not sure if there are other vegetables included.
 
Kare-kare was a regular kare-kare with beef and all those vegetables. But I must warn you, if you are not a fan of having lots of peanuts in Kare-kare, think twice in having this.

If you are thinking that it will cost you a lot, hell yeah! You can’t finish the whole dish yourself. You need companions. And with all those companions, the meal will cost you around 150 – 250 depending on what dish will you order.

For me, it’s a must visit restaurant.

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...