Monday, November 11, 2013

Tuloy na Tuloy pa rin ang Pasko...

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and be courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
-Joshua 1:9

After the magnitude 7.2 earthquake happened in Bohol, historical churches in the province became ruins. But despite what happened, a group of children sung The Prayer in front of national television (see video) to encourage everyone to help not just those people who were affected by the disaster but also for the restoration of the destroyed churches.

Several emotions came rushing me while watching them. It broke my heart watching them sing the song while their faces shows more than just hope. I felt proud being a Filipino as these children became evidences of our race's resiliency. I was also even thankful that I am one of those people who are capable of helping them and not the one of those who needed help.

By the way, I am talking about the Loboc Children's Choir. I never thought that I will be able to see the faces of those children in person until last Friday when they personally invited everyone in our office to watch their benefit concert that day. I was having a goosebumps while watching them. But I started fighting my tears when they are already singing this line of Tuloy na Tuloy pa rin ang Pasko,

Mabuti pa nga ang Pasko noong isang taon
sa ating hapag mayroong keso de bola't hamon
baka sa gipit, Happy New Year mapo-postpone
at ang hamon ay mauuwi sa bagoong.

Now, please allow me to share with you my video as they sing their own version of Tuloy na Tuloy pa rin ang Pasko. (Sorry for the unnecessary noise.>.<)


On the other hand, I would like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to donate for the victims of Super Typhoon Haiyan (Bagyong Yolanda). For international donors, your may extend your help through globalgiving.com. For those who are in the Philippines, you may choose from various channel summarized by sunstar.com.ph.

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...