Saturday, October 26, 2013

Mapapa-WOW sa Pinas. It's More Fun in the Philippines.: A Campaign

Am I insane? Two Philippine tourism slogans in one? Yes, why not coconut? The former WOW Philippines tourism campaign is a hit to the point that a videoke microphone was named after it. And though "It's More Fun in the Philippines" campaign gained controversies at first, it is now gaining popularity. This new tourism's campaign to promote the ecotourism of the Philippines also shows the creativity of Filipino minds. How? Let the photos below show you how.

To promote the Banaue Rice Terraces.

To promote the Filipino Bayanihan.
Source:  rv-orchidworks.com

And my most favorite is this photo that celebrates Philippine Independence,
Source:  ilovecdo.info

But what really made me join this campaign? It was the 7.2 magnitude earthquake in Bohol. This calamity made me depressed. What on earth have I done? I've been working for 2 years and yet I haven't been to this part of my country. I actually have all the means that I need and yet I did not choose to allocate some money to visit this place. And now, all historical churches will be ruins. Yeah, since it will take lots of time to restore them. The sad truth is that even though the greatest architects and engineers will put all their greatest efforts to restore these churches, it will never be the same.

Aside from joining this campaign, the calamity made me want to write a bucket list which includes visiting a province or two in each of the Philippines' 16 regions. Not just that, some regions even includes a specific activity and province like snorkling in Palawan, hydro jet surfing in Zambales, as well as buying an item in Honesty Shop in Batanes.

Just like what my mother told, "...mas magandang mag-ikot dito. Pupunta kang Singapore, anong titignan mo dun, building?" Yeah, she's right. But out of the country trips is still on my list but as of this writing, I only have 5 places outside Philippines that I want to visit. That's less than one half of the 16 regions of the Philippines.

For now, I will give you this cute Halloween greeting. Yeah, even Halloween is more fun in the Philippines.:)

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...