Saturday, December 22, 2012

Crazy Monday Gigs with Chicosci


It’s a one head banging Monday last November 26. Yeah! It is indeed on a Monday at 70s Bistro.

I think it was a week or two before this crazy Monday gig happened, 3 of my friends are flooding my timeline with their pictures together with the members of the band Chicosci and other is OPM artists who played at the after party of the said band. Because of this, I was encouraged to join them when they invited me to attend a gig at 70s Bistro. I was encouraged because Parokya ni Edgar will be there as well.

During this gig, it will be Chicosci, Typecast, and Parokya ni Edgar are the ones who will perform. Raimund Marasigan became an unexpected guest of Chicosci who played the drums when they sang Magasin.


Setting aside my fandom with PNE and the happenings on this gig, I am making this for my friend who asked me to write something about Chicosci on my blog that will serve as my Christmas gift for her.

To begin with, I am not a fan of this band but I think I am starting to be Basterd. I don’t know if it is true. My friend told me that Basterd is the term being used to refer to those who are fan of Chicosci. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

I am starting to like them not just because of their music but because of their attitude towards their fans as well. To quote from an overheard conversation, “mas konti ang fans nila (comparing with the fans of PNE) pero solid.” They give time to have some small talks with their fans. They are very visible to the public after their set and there could be an instance that they will know you just like two of my friends (you may follow them at twitter @sheshebureshe and @rosereklamador).


Only one word is playing in my mind to describe this band. COOL! My friend She (@sheshebureshe) likes Calde. My friend met him during the after party of Chicosci and followed him on twitter. During the 70s Bistro gig, She introduced herself to Calde using her twitter name. Calde recognized her. Awesome! By the way, I had a good time when the whole band asked Calde to dance Gangnam Style and changed its lyrics from “Sexy Lady” to “Sexy Calde”.

Anyway, this first encounter with Chicosci was followed by another one. And it was on a crazy Monday gig again. I came from work before this gig and have to work again the next day. But the experience was so great and I guess the best way to end my 2012.

For reference:
Chicosci Twitter Account
Chicosci Facebook Fanpage

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...