Monday, October 10, 2011

Beatus: Embracing the holiness of Blessed John Paul II

I came from Makati and rode an MRT going home. While walking in Farmers Market, I remember the news the previous night about the exhibit for Blessed John Paul II. Since I have a great feeling that this exhibit is in Gateway Mall, I didn't take the escalator going up, which I usually do if I'll pass through the mall to go to the LRT station. Fortunately, the exhibit was indeed there.

There are roughly around 20-25 panels where quotations from the homily made by the Blessed John Paul II on his masses around the world as well as his time line which indicates his most memorable experience from the day he was born up to the day he died on April 2, 2005.

Among those quotations being posted, my most favorite quotation was the one he made during the 17th World Youth Day in Toronto. To quote, "Do not let that hope die! Stake your lives on it! We are not the sum of our weaknesses and failures; we are the sum of the Father's love for us and our real capacity to become the image of his Son." (You may click the photo to view its full-size.)


It was not just quotations, there are also pictures. Lots of pictures! And this one really caught my attention and considered as my favorite among those pictures in the exhibit.


And the most beautiful thing in this exhibit is the side where items being used by the Blessed John Paul II are displayed. And this is the most beautiful set and I think the most religious collection is the exhibit. It includes the first class relic of Blessed John Paul II ex-sanguine blood.


Here are the other photos I was able to get. There are lot more of this when you visit the exhibit in Gateway (sorry I was not able to ask the duration of the exhibit.)
<
And by the way, there are several kneeling benches infront of the altar or the display where all religious items of Blessed John Paul II are used.

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...