Monday, May 16, 2011

Pastel: The Taste of Camiguin

My uncle had a visit somewhere in the south. When he came back here in Manila, he gave us two boxes of Pastel, one for me and one for my sister. The first time I saw it, I said, I will not dare eat it cause its kinda weird. A bun with a yema filling???

I think it was 3 days after before I opened mine and I was really hungry during that time. Since its been in the refrigerator for about 3 days, I set the box on the table first. I don't like to eat a cold bread.

Minutes after, I started to eat one. The bread has nothing unusual about its taste, but when I was able to bit the part of the bread with filling, BOOM!!! You will surely let other people have a bite on that bread (in case you were able to resist eating the rest. hehehe..).

I am very sure that this delicacy of Camiguin will give you a reason to be proud again as a Filipino. Yum, yum, yum.. I think I'm craving for one again...:)

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...